Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Who writes this stuff?

I was hoping to come visit this site today and find something new and interesting posted. Hmmm. I guess that won't work if I'm the one who's doing the posting . I find myself rather boring, although I am easily amused. Just ask my brother. ;)

No Earth-shattering news today. Ed and I have made arrangements to have the kids picked up from school, and I'll be dropping them off in time to get myself to work by 9 a.m. Sigh. I know life could be much worse, but who wants to work a 9-6 shift? I always thought I'd be spoiled and able to continue my coveted 7-5, with every other Friday off, or at least only work half days on Fridays. Even if I work 9-6, that's my 9 hours all right, but I wouldn't get a lunch. Ewww- I don't work well under those conditions.

So, I'm wondering if dropping the boys off at day camp in the morning so the center can bus them to school would be a better option. Then when they have those school holidays they'll actually have something to do. Riley's already told me he would rather spend days off at Grandma's. We'll see--G&G have lots of their own stuff going on. The trick now is convincing Ed, I think. The good news about it is that I would be able to work earlier, keep my half Fridays or every-other-Friday arrangement, and still be home with the boys on those Fridays that they don't have school. The bad news is, Ed's already arranged all the car pooling. Which means we'd have to scrap that. And that doesn't always go over well with those you've set up stuff with.

Any thoughts out there?

1 comment:

JPF said...

Easily amused, indeed!