Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Following the Wallentines

My second official blog (tried it on another site to get my feet wet). I just read the Wallentine's blog this morning and thought, "Hey, I can do that." So here I am. Thanks to R&D for their inspiration. I've typically shied away from blogging, just because I tend to be a private person, and somehow having my thoughts posted where the entire world could see kind of made me nervous. But it's not like I'm on Facebook or Myspace, right?

Hopefully I can get my kids and hubby involved, even if it's just to read the postings once in a while.

I can't spend a lot of time today-- it's crazy busy at work. Just ask anyone who works here. There are some changes coming down the pipe, and if certain changes are made to a position that's coming available, it may mean a job change for me. We'll see. I'm not holding my breath, as I don't expect them to make the changes I hope for, and I'm really quite happy doing what I'm doing.

Life is good. Ed and the boys are doing well. Ed loves his new job. It's so fun to see him excited about work again. Riley commented today that summer goes by too fast (even though school doesn't start for another three 1/2 weeks). Lennon is just happy pretty much anywhere and growing like a weed.

Well, that's all for now, except to say thanks to Denver families for their recent hosting while I was there, and the joy it was to visit with them two weekends in a row!

Love,
Linda

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay for blogs! We hope to see you guys soon - we get back to Utah tomorrow!! The new job possibility sounds exciting :) Can't wait to catch up with you!

Davis said...

I'm so glad that you are braving the world of bloggery. I am really, really, really (I could go on) bad at updating mine, but I love reading those of other people. Especially people that we rarely get to see. I feel sheepish in asking as Rebecca probably knows, but what IS Ed's new job?

Linda said...

Oh! Don’t be sheepish, I’m not absolutely sure Rebecca knows either—which is a failing on my part, to be sure. He’s now at L-3 Communications as a project planner. L-3 is huge in the military and does contracts for communications equipment. He’s responsible for making that parts get from point A to B to C, etc. through the life of each project he’s assigned. He started in May.

Thanks for keeping me in line!