Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lennon's lost tooth

Lennon didn't want to pull his tooth out the other day, even though it was barely hanging on. He'd been working so diligently on it over the past couple of weeks, I thought he'd for sure just yank it out with no problems. Nope, not him-- nothing doing.

"It'll hurt, Mom."

So Ed suggested using his RC to pull it out. I tried to attach the video, but it's too big. Pretty funny. I joked with him that night that it was such a small tooth that he'd probably only get a quarter for it. He assured me that he always gets a dollar.

After he put it under his pillow, we all went to bed and I promptly forgot about it. The next morning as we were about to leave I saw the little baggy with his tooth in it on the floor. I hurried and put a dollar in there and stuffed it back under his pillow. Once out the door and on our merry way, I asked him if he remembered to check under his pillow. He was pretty quiet and said, "Yeah, she only left me a penny."

I about fell out of the car laughing. Struggling to keep a straight face, I told him maybe she is on a budget. He said that it was funny though-- that it looked like one of the pennies I brought him from Canada. I laughed, thinking maybe the Tooth Fairy is Canadian? I have no idea where the penny came from, so I urged him to look again when he got home; that maybe he had missed it.

After dinner I reminded him to go look. He was so excited to find the dollar. Fun stuff.

No comments: