Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What's for dinner?

Last night when I got home, Riley had a menu waiting for me. Choices included (under entrees): ham -n- cheese, ham -n- mustard, Ramen noodles; (under drinks) chocolate milk, grape juice, water; (under dessert) fudge marshmellow (sic) brownies. YUM! Ed was the "chef" and Riley the "maitre d" and Lennon and I were served very well. It was awesome.

It reminds me of many years ago when I was babysitting my nieces after a long graveyard shift. I explained to my sister Jeanne that I would probably sleep much of the time I was there, which she said would be fine, as long as an adult was available in the event of an emergency. At lunch time, three little girls came into the room bearing a menu much like Riley’s, and while I don’t remember the complete contents of the menu, I know I ended up with a peanut butter sandwich that day. It was awesome. Those little girls were and are a complete treasure. What a great memory!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm assuming since you mentioned my mom that this story was at my house? I have absolutely NO recollection of this at all!

Davis and Rebecca said...

She may not remember it, but that truly sounds like my sweet wife. Always a mom that one.

JPF said...

I vaguely remember when that happened and you talking about it, and how cool it was.

Linda said...

Mui mui cool. One for the books, as you can see.