Monday, August 6, 2007

Groundbreaking

Today we had a groundbreaking on the Conservation Garden Park expansion for phase 1. Lots of dignitaries and public officials; city people and the like, and the lieutenant governor, as I mentioned in my previous blog. Since then we've had two significant offers of donations. Amazing what a little press can do.

It's been a whirlwind day, and I'm tired. They've also posted Dave's job, and I need to go in and talk to Bart to see if it's something I'm interested in. I told him I may not completely understand Dave's responsibilities, but that I really enjoy what I currently do. He said, "we enjoy what you do, too, and would hate to see you get frustrated and leave in 2 years like everyone else." Or something to that effect. He hasn't been able to keep any of his programs managers longer than that. Hmmm. I'm going strong at almost 10 years now; perhaps it would take a job change to get me to leave. ;) I was flattered nonetheless. Glad to know he doesn't want to lose me!

An old high school classmate of mine came and took photographs of the event. Maybe some of you will remember him: Quinn Farley. He's got his own photography studio in SL now, and is doing well. It's always such a pleasure to see him. When I get his photos back, I'll post one or two on here so you can see what a shindig it was. I'm glad it's over, but it was sure a rush and upbeat.

I will try to post something on our cgp site as well.
Linda

No comments: