Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Left or right?

I know I already posted today, but I have to let you know the latest battle at my house: left vs. right. As most of you know, I am left handed. When Lennon found that out, he was, um, stunned? I'm not sure how he felt about it, but somehow over the course of the last several months he's decided that he needs to prove to me that it's better to be right handed. Cracks me up! I'm sure I started it somehow, by stating that it's cool to be left handed, or whatever.

We now have an on-going battle about which is better. It all started with him claiming that more people are right handed in the world, so it must be better.

A typical banter:
Lennon: More people in the world are right handed, so it's better.

Me: Yeah, but that makes being left handed that much more special.

L: Well, look at all these superheroes on my comic book (pointing them out individually to me). They're ALL right handed (because each is holding some type of weapon in their right hand).

M: Yeah, but I could kick all their butts with my LEFT hand!

L: Sonic does (insert action here) with his right hand though, so it's better.

M: Then why do you bat left handed?

L: Aurgh!

It pretty much keeps me in stitches. I'm happy to let it drop, but Lennon seems set on convincing me of the error of my ways. As if I had much to do with it. ;)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

maybe you should challenge him to an arm wrestle.

Linda said...

Tee hee. It wouldn't matter. :)

Lauren said...

this is funny to me! Ryan's sister is a lefty as well, and when her kids started writing, she always tried to switch the pen from the right to left... She thinks it's better to be a lefty! (her attempts failed by the way...)

Linda said...

That's hilarious! Ed was successful in getting Lennon to bat left handed. Maybe I should have worked switching his writing hand, too. Might improve his handwriting. :)