Monday, September 8, 2008

We're growing...

I realized I said I would post info about our garden expansion here at work, and then never did. I work for Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District, and we have the Conservation Garden Park on our site. It's really pretty cool. The last year has been a painful growing experience, in that we are expanding the current 2-acre garden, which showcases waterwise landscaping, into a 4.5-acre garden which will teach people how to achieve that type of landscape. For more info, visit www.conservationgardenpark.org.

It's been a thrilling project, and I'm happy to have been a part of it. I've learned a lot about how much coordination and attention to detail is required for a project of this size, where most of my projects here at work are done by me. Solo. I've often said it's hard to be a creative team of one, and it really is. However, I was privileged to work with some now great friends in San Diego (DPA, SMY, ADA, you know who you are), and am still working with them. A great group, all of them. Thanks to them all for their tutorship, mentoring, and help. You rock!

As for outside resources for those who must design on their own, I highly recommend "Before and After," an excellent series to which you can subscribe. The good news for me is, I've turned in a proposal here at work to see if we (I) can get some additional help around here. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: