Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Diet update

I go in for my checkup Monday, but I just wanted to give a quick update. A more thorough update is forthcoming, after my checkup. Ten pounds since March 6, with six of those lost in the detox phase, which was the first five days. That's just about a pound a week, which I think is sustainable. And still, no cravings for sugar. I have a chocolate (or two) here and there, and even made some cookies the other day, but overall I feel really good. I enjoyed the cookies, but didn't eat the whole batch in two days, like I normally would. They made me kind of sick, if you want the truth, even with whole wheat flour and half the sugar. Let's hope that sticks.

I purchased a couple of South Beach cookbooks, and will shop for the ingredients tonight. Yum. I can hardly wait to try some yummy new recipes. I'm also enjoying emailing back and forth with three of my sisters what we eat for the day. Beth, you wanna play?

No comments: