Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I love pie


The cute little pie song Andie MacDowell sings in "Michael" just about says it all:

Pie, pie, me oh my,
Nothing tastes better, wet, salty and dry.
Apple and pumpkin and mince and black bottom,
I’ll come to your place every day if you’ve got 'em.
Pie, me oh my, I love piiiiieeeeeee.

In preparing for Thanksgiving, my mother has been trying to find out what kind of pies to make. Ed loves pecan, and I'm a sucker for cherry, and she had said she had some butternut squash that she made up into a pie recently that was really good. I told her today that maybe we should ask the boys what kind of pie they want, since it's really a good thing to think less of oneself (don't you agree?).

Riley said, "Just a minute, let me ask Lennon" (more of the thinking less of oneself, hurrah), to which Lennon replied, "Cinnamon pie!"

I have no idea what cinnamon pie is, but it sure sounds good. Think we could work it into the pie song somehow? After all was said and done, Riley admitted that he was really hoping for some pumpkin pie. Think he'll be able to tell if Grandma substitutes butternut squash? :)

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey, I think cinnamon pie sounds pretty good. I love baking the pie crust scraps with a little cinnamon sugar on them. He may be on to something there.

Linda said...

Mmmm. Cinnamon pie. I asked Lennon last night what cinnamon pie was, and he said, "I dunno, it just sounded good." He cracks me up.

Lauren said...

i like pie too! I would love to go to the pie shop in 'waitress' those are such fun pies!

Heidi said...

Grandma and Grandpa gave us some of their butternut squashes.... I think they would make a delicious pie. Let's have two newbies this year- butternut squash and cinnamon!

Linda said...

Yay for pie! I'm all for newbies. The more the merrier.