Friday, December 19, 2008

Pigtails


I wore pigtails today to work. I don't know how appropriate that is for a 40 year old, but I was feeling youthful today. And really, really tired of my current haircut.
It also happened to be our company Christmas party, and a very good friend of mine came up behind me and whispered (and you'd have to know the guy to understand how truly innocent it was) how he was "strangely attracted" to them. Now, far be it from me to be bothered by someone being attracted to me or my pigtails. What got me was the "strangely" part. What the heck? It cracked me up though. He would be totally mortified to know that I actually posted this on my blog, so he will remain nameless.

Oh, and at said party I won a Nikon Coolpix 8meg camera! I was shocked to say the least. No, I didn't use it to take the attached picture. Another friend of mine was walking past my office and saw me struggling with trying to take a self portrait. She said I looked ridiculous and offered to take the photo for me. So here it is, courtesy of Jackie. I guess self-portraiture is something you have to grow up doing, like setting VCRs or DVD or (gosh, those really date me) Bluray players. And yes, I remember Betamax. But I digress.

Now you can tell me if a 40 year old can get away with pigtails, strangely or not. :)

3 comments:

Christine Slay said...

You look TOTALLY adorable! I think you should wear them more often!! ;-)

Heidi said...

Here's my vote: Not all 40-year olds can get away with such a thing, but cute ones like you can and should most definitely do it! How fun!

Linda said...

Awww, you two sure know the right things to say. I will wear them more often. Maybe until I'm 45? Hee hee.