Thursday, May 1, 2008

The crisis is over

Thank goodness. The project I mentioned in my last couple of posts is in final review, and changes were made to everyone's satisfaction (even mine, if you can believe it). Today I feel like a bump on a log as I'm not in a pressure cooker to get anything done. Just waiting around for reviewers, writers, etc. While it's a relief, it's also a wee bit uncomfortable. Not something I've had the pleasure of feeling for a while.

The other day I was offering 20 points to whomever could tell me the source of this song: "Turkey, lobster, sweet potato pie; pancakes piled up till they reach the sky." Here's a part I can't remember, then on to a big finish: "Oh I wanna eat and eat and eat and eat until I die!"

I know Jesse will guess, and probably most anyone in my family, but it was fun to watch co-workers screw up their faces trying to figure it out. Good luck!

2 comments:

JPF said...

Guess? GUESS?!! I don't guess on something like that, I KNOW! And this one is easy-peasy lemon squeezy. Mickey and the Beanstalk. I've probably sung that song at least once a month (and frequently more often) for the last 20 years or so. Donald and Goofy sing it while waiting for Mickey to come back from his trip to town to sell the cow.

By the way, congrats on being done with your project! A blessed relief. I'm hoping to have an on-again, off-again project I've been working on for the last year wrapped up in the next week or so! Woohoo!

Oh, and the part you can't remember:

Donald simply sings notes--no words. Then, when they do the verse a second time Goofy goes into:

lots of starches, lots of greens, fancy chocolate covered, uh... at which point Mickey bursts in and announces BEANS!

Linda said...

LOL. I love that we are siblings. I remembered "fancy chocolate covered, uh... BEANS!" But neglected to say so.

"Whadaya mean, BEANS?!?"