Thursday, February 14, 2008

Five years and feeling fine

Today is my 5-year anniversary from surgery to eradicate breast cancer. Yes, I had surgery on Valentine's Day. The joke in our house was that my husband was getting a new breast for Valentine's Day. :) You absolutely have to have a sense of humor during such times, or you will just wither up and blow away. Seriously.

I don't know how much I've shared about my cancer experience with all of you who might be reading this, but I have to admit that facing cancer was not the biggest trial. Getting back to "normal" was. That was truly the biggest challenge of my life. But with a loving husband, two great kids, my faith (especially my faith- my husband told me I carried him through the whole ordeal), and eventually some medication, I survived and now thrive. What a wonderful place to be. My heart is full, I'm so happy I only have to visit my doctor once a year now, and I hope anyone who faces a similar trial has the fabulous support I did. And do.

My love to my husband for being so fabulous, and to my kids for having a sense of humor in the face of a crazy mom. I love you all.

1 comment:

JPF said...

Touching. Faith is a wonderful thing. So is family. Thanks for the post.